Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's 9:15p and all is quiet!!

It's 915p and all is well in the world. A certain little girl who has been struggling for weeks to get to sleep before even 10p(more recently closer to 11p or even midnight on occasion) drifted to sleep with ease and no complications. I'm so thankful that she had an easy transition to sleep tonight as it will make waking her up much more pleasant tomorrow morning for her first day back to school post holidays.

She had a fun play filled afternoon with many of the Mastens. Eating out, bowling and creative play were involved. Everyone commented on Sofie's technique for bowling. If you haven't witnessed it, please refer back to this blog entry for a full demonstration!! They even stopped by school to pick up one of the Masten kids. Luckily for Sofie, her teachers came out to the van to give her a big hug and tell her they can't wait to see her tomorrow.

I brought some food items over from the condo and now I've decided I need to rearrange the kitchen! Oh joy. I'll tackle that project tomorrow. I meet with Don, our minister, to discuss memorial options for Debra in Durham. Egads, I've never done anything like this before, so I'll be needing serious guidance!! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie-
I just wanted to send another hug from California. I've been keeping up through the blogs, and am so terribly sad that Debra had to battle her cancer battle, that you and Sophie lost your dear family member, and that the rest of us lost Debra's spirit. I'm heartened to read about your confidence in your parenting skills. Sophie is lucky to have you, and you her. Many blessings and hugs.

Ellen Goldstein

Anonymous said...

Jamie, You and Sofie are constantly in my prayers. I know you are a wonderful mother and the two of you will get through this terrible time together.

Kathie