Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Prayer and an ultrasound

I had the most bizarre experience yesterday. Kind of an "only in the south" sort of thing. I was having an ultrasound to see if I had gallstones(I don't by the way!!) and was chatting as I do with the radiology technician. We talked about this and that. Finally, she asked what kind of Cancer I had had. I explained the whole situation in a nutshell. She listened inquisitively. After I finished talking, she said, "I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I really feel like I want to pray for you." I was thinking that was nice and she meant she was going to put me in her prayers, which was very sweet. Uh, no, that wasn't it at ALL! She laid her hands on me and started to pray right there on the examination table!! I was startled at first, but I have to say I felt at ease a few seconds into her prayer. I can honestly say she prayed with only the purest intentions and love. I thanked her, got dressed, left the office and immediately called Sharon. I HAD to tell someone. I can honestly say this has never happened to me before. I thought it was very sweet and sincere. Some may have thought it was out of place, but I kind of liked it.

No comments: