Thursday, February 15, 2007

A light at the end of the tunnel of goo

As I'm ending week two post treatment, I'm starting to come out from the thick cloud of goo in my head. One of the joys of chemotherapy would be the compromised immune system that comes along with low blood counts. I've had more colds this winter than I've had in the past 5 years combined. I am SO over not being able to breathe through my nose!!

Debra was right, the recovery time from the final treatments takes longer than the initial treatments. Instead of going back to work in week two, I've been home sick with side effects and a head cold. I'm really looking forward to my body returning to it's normal self...well as normal as it will be post surgery/radiation/chemotherapy.

I'm looking forward to being able to really help Debra as well as being there for Sofie. Sofie is missing coming to my house...her video game is here. I think she sees my house as being the non-sick house, even though I'm going through treatments, too. She doesn't get to see me at my worst so I seem relatively healthy in her eyes. All of this is starting to wear thin for all of us. I'm just worried about things getting worse and how we'll all handle that.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I like the new design you chose!