Monday, September 3, 2007

Go Appalachian!!

A big shout out to my alma mater, Appalachian State University for being the underdogs who came from behind and beat a nationally ranked team, Michigan in what's known in football world as "The Big House." Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge football fan at all. I can count on one hand the number of games I attended while living in Boone. Just not a big football fan! However, I do have the alumni pride one feels when your school does something good...even in sports!

My friend Sharon called me this morning to tell me about the fans in Boone. Since the game was played in Michigan, many of the students were in Boone watching the game at various spots around town. After the win, a group of folks headed up to the football field, climbed the fence, tore down the goal post and proceeded to march it a mile to the Chancellor's house and leave it on his driveway. Gotta love college kids!! For amusing stories and pictures go here, here and here.

Go App!!

No comments: