Thursday, December 14, 2006

Chemo sucks...well, currently it does

You asked how I was really doing. Ask and ye shall receive.

Well, I've been doing pretty well with treatments. The pain is being managed, but oh, the nausea! I've been slightly nauseous since treatment last week, with a short break over the weekend. I stopped taking the big anti-nausea drugs and it's come back with a vengeance. Yesterday, my nurse at Duke called in THREE prescriptions. Of course one of the meds is a steroid, so I'll want to eat like a horse. OY!! I feel like my body should be rattling with all the pills I'm taking.

At this point, I just have to say how fortunate I am that I have good health insurance. There are a few benefits to working in corporate America. It makes me take pause and wonder, how do people without insurance handle this financially? How about a national health plan, Georgie Boy?

No comments: