Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday festivities and more

I spent the night of Christmas at a Jewish Lesbian potluck. At first, I thought I'd be the only non-Jew there. Wasn't the case at all. It was about a 50/50 ratio. Didn't really matter anyway. It was fun hanging out, meeting new people and getting to know my new friend Val even better. The food was good, conversations were lively. Once everyone left, we played Jenga with another friend and her daughter. By the end, we were doubling the height of the blocks before they came crashing down. Very fun.

I really enjoy meeting new people that I think have long term possibilities for friendship. That's definitely the way I feel about my more recent meetings. At my age, you don't often add friends to your circle, but this feels differently.

Tomorrow is round 3 of chemo...wonder what's in store for this go around?!?!

No comments: