Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Raw nerves

My skin seems to be thinner than normal these days. Emotions seem to be particularly raw this year, so I'm guessing the chemo is adding a layer that I wasn't anticipating. Several times over the past few weeks, I've wanted to flee situations where I've felt I was being, for lack of a better word, attacked. That's a very strong word and it's not really what I mean, but in that moment, it's how I've felt. I admit, it's hard for me to write this, but I'm trying to be true to what's happening and true to the the blog.

I'm not one to really enjoy this time of year. There are so many long standing reasons I tend to get in a mood around the holidays. Unfortunately, things seem particularly sensitive this year. Is it chemo related or just the Christmas blahs? That, I cannot tell you because it's unclear. Just know that I may get my feelings hurt without you even knowing it. 'Tis that time of year. Just know, I'm trying not to take everything personally.

No comments: