Friday, December 1, 2006

New Camera

Nothing like an impulse buy for myself 3 weeks before Christmas! I was in Costco this morning picking up a Costco size of Purell Hand Sanitizer. (I oppose the use of those hand sanitizers on the general principle that germs are actually good for you and help build your immune system. Don't even get me started on the fact that kids aren't exposed to enough germs!! Anyhoo, a side effect of chemo is a low white blood count which leaves me susceptible to infections, et al. My nurse called and recommended this stuff along with constant hand washing and staying away from sick people. So, I had to buy those silly bottles of Purell.) Side note ends.

While walking through Costco, I noticed a table full of a variety of Digital Cameras. My camera stopped working recently, and although I hadn't intended to replace it at this exact moment, there had such a great price on a Sony Cybershot. You can see the camera here:
Cyber-Shot W70 The price at Costco was considerably less than the Sony website! So far, I'm very happy with it. I've taken a few pics of Sofie and will take more over the weekend. It's pocket-sized and has some great features. I've rationalized this purchase to death, but the fact of the matter is, I wanted it and I haven't bought anything for me recently, so I did. I enjoy taking pictures and with this smaller camera, I'll be able to bring it with me everywhere and capture more moments of my life. I don't want to miss anything and I want to share some of those moments with my blog readers.

No comments: