Monday, November 27, 2006

Concentration

Previously posted July 12, 2006

I am having SUCH a hard time concentrating on anything these days. My mind wanders here, staggers there. I think I'm on-line too much and my mind is now forever surfing something! It doesn't help that I'm librarian who's job is to search ALL day!! But I digress...

A very cool thing happened today. Some of you know I hate my current job. I work for "the man" and really don't like corporate america. It's soulless and soul-sucking. I want to work in an environment where I can be excited about what I do...or what the organization does. On Friday, I had a "non-interview" with the Program Director at the up and coming Integrative Medicine clinic/facility/?? at a local university. She took time out of her extremely packed day to chat with me for 1 1/2 hours! She loved me. She loved my background, my enthusiasm, my commitment to the program and my personality. She just loved me. Unfortunately, I don't really fit into any of the current jobs they have available. I knew that going to this meeting, but I wanted to go anyway. I'm glad I did. She really wants me to have a place there. Today, she emailed me for a writing sample. Unfortunately, any writing I've done in the area she wants is owned by a now defunct company who has no presence anywhere! I told her I'd be happy to write something on a topic of her choice...so I wait patiently.

There lies the rub...I think I suck at writing. I get writer's block big time! I've got to move past this. I enjoy writing, especially in the health field. I just have to get and maintain a confidence about this. I trust it will all work out because that's the way it's supposed to work.

No comments: