Monday, November 27, 2006

Emotional release...FINALLY!!

Previously posted July 20, 2006

My, oh, my. It does feel good to cry. I can't even remember the last time I had a really GOOD cry. I was pretty emotional when Debra was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, but still not a full blown cry...just weepy.

Today, the floodgates opened up.

I've had Sofie with me for quite a bit of time over the last few weeks. For the most part, we had a great time. I love that kid so very much. After I dropped her off, I immediately started to cry. Those cries quickly became sobs. Fortunately, I needed to drop her snakes(not real), clothes and blankie off at Debra's house, so I sat in her living room and just sobbed for about 15 minutes. After getting it together enough to drive, I proceeded to work.

Down the road a bit, the waterworks started again. I then called my best friend...who is a source of much of my laughter. I cried into the phone, "I command you to make me stop crying!!!" She asked why I was crying? "Because I'm having surgery on Tuesday and I might diiiieeeee!!!!" She laughed, and assured me I wouldn't die on Tuesday...maybe she'd kill me after I bossed her around a few times too many post surgery. Mission accomplished, I was laughing hysterically.

So, why the water works now? Because I'm human. I love. I feel. I experience.

No comments: