Monday, November 27, 2006

The long road ahead

Previously posted September 5, 2006

Well, dear readers, it's been awhile since I last posted. To do a quick catch-up: Six weeks ago today I had a hysterectomy. To the shock of my surgeon and pretty much everyone, cancer was present. So, just like that, I'm dealt a new hand to deal with. Stage IIIa endometrial cancer at 40. Whew.

For the past 6 weeks, I've been healing and dealing with the road ahead. I've determined my attitude will be one of the best things I have going for me. Some friends fear I'm in denial, but I assure you all, I know this is *very* real. I ride an emotional roller-coaster everyday. What I choose to do is live in the moment and do life as usual.

The road ahead is pretty long. Five weeks of radiation five days a week, a possible surgical procedure after that, then wrap it up with 6 sessions of chemotherapy. YeeHaa. Well, bald is the new sexy, so we'll see how my big head presents itself post head shaving later this Fall.

That's all I'm going to write for now. Still processing it all.

No comments: